Thursday, March 30, 2017
A tank maintenance program will help ensure that you have uncontaminated used oil.
Find below some helpful tips for creating a tank management program.
1. Schedule a waste oil hauler to pick up the oil from your tank if:
· your tank hasn’t been cleaned in the last two years.
· you have any question about whether the oil is contaminated with anti-freeze, water, sludge, or chlorine.
2. IMPORTANT: Make sure to supervise the waste oil hauler to ensure that they remove all the oil AND sludge from the bottom of the tank. If you do not supervise the waste oil hauler, they will likely leave the sludge, etc in the bottom of your tank.
3. Re-fill the tank with uncontaminated used oil.
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Ridding Contaminants IN Your Tank
Eco Heating Systems Inc. 866-888-1103
Contaminants such as anti-freeze, sludge, and water in your waste oil storage tank can all adversely affect the operation of your Clean Burn. Chlorine in your supply of waste oil WILL cause expensive damage to the operation of your Clean Burn waste oil heater.
Eco Heating Systems recommends you contact your local waste oil hauler to bring their vacuum truck and have them empty and clean your tank after heating season. Please make sure your waste oil hauler does a thorough job - it is essential that all of the sludge is removed from the bottom of the tank. We absolutely suggest having someone watch to confirm the tank has been thoroughly cleaned.
Keep your Clean Burn furnace happy by getting your waste oil storage tank cleaned after heating season and by keeping contaminants out of your oil supply! This allows you time to save up more oil for the heating season.