A tank maintenance program will help ensure that you have uncontaminated used oil.
Find below some helpful tips for creating a tank management program.
1. Schedule a waste oil hauler to pick up the oil from your tank if:
· your tank hasn’t been cleaned in the last two years.
· you have any question about whether the oil is contaminated with anti-freeze, water, sludge, or chlorine.
2. IMPORTANT: Make sure to supervise the waste oil hauler to ensure that they remove all the oil AND sludge from the bottom of the tank. If you do not supervise the waste oil hauler, they will likely leave the sludge, etc in the bottom of your tank.
3. Re-fill the tank with uncontaminated used oil.